Today, 4/5/2011, I decided I would commit to 7 posts in 7 days. Maybe that will jump start me back into this blog thing. I really do want to have something for the kids to look at when they are older. I lost a lot of time, as usual, looking at the pictures and videos that might get posted. Then, I clicked "edit" on this post. What the... It's already full of pictures! Why didn't I finish this! The hardest part was already done! Ah, well, hopefully that just means the next 6 posts come just as easy.]
Saturday, May 10, 2008 - Addison's 3rd birthday party!
Looking back (almost half her life ago!) I see a toddler Addison - so articulate and interactive. Gosh, what an amazing girl we have. We were still residing in our temporary housing (apartment) from our return from Japan. We had a family party. My mom, dad, stepmom, grandmother, and Aunt Cathy came plus Ian's mom too. It was the first time since Christmas (2007) that we got to see my grandmother and Aunt Cathy. While these loved ones represent a small portion of our family, everyone wanted to help Addison celebrate her birthday. Many family members who could not attend sent gifts too.

Perhaps Addison's favorite gifts of the day were the dress-up shoes, crowns, and earrings. She received three different sets and tried them all on repeatedly. Ian and I bought Addison the tricycle. She loved the one at the jidoukan we attended in Ikebukuro, so it just made sense to get her her own.

Yeah! Sprinkles!
The sweetest fairy that ever lived in our house.
The following day was Sunday, May 11, Mother's Day. Addison got to spend it with all her grandmothers. I took her to a pottery shop a few weeks before hand and she painted each of them a special gift, which they are holding.



No comments:
Post a Comment