:-P I found that I was really bugged by the lack of consistency in the house. For instance, some of the electrical outlets were white. Others cream. Still others black. The same was true for the light switches. Ok. I admit, I wasn't just bugged about it. It made me a little crazy. I'm pretty OCD about that sort of thing. Thank goodness I have an extremely loving husband, who is handy to boot.
In June we...
*replaced the black curtains at the front door with white
In July Ian...
*made the bedrooms switches consistent (light switch on top; ceiling fan on bottom)
In August we...
*removed the plant hooks from the ceilings
*installed a GFCI outlet in the kitchen
And that was just getting started! Or at least what I remembered to write down. On August 9, Ian started tackling the deck. It needed cleaned and then stained. Since we knew Addy would want to help, we bought her a distraction - a sandbox!
Hard working man
More hard working
Such concen-tration
Yup, completely IN the sandbox.
Time to relax
The above picture shows another project. The previous owners laid weed barrier over their old vegetable garden. Then they threw mulch on top of that. The big rolls next to the deck are the weed barrier, all the weeds that grew on top of the barrier, and lots of mulch. It was a crazy mess to clean up.



No comments:
Post a Comment