Sunday, September 4, 2011

July 24, 2008 Little Miss Green Thumb

Two of my favorite things in life are flour and flowers. I love to bake and garden. The new house gave me plenty of opportunities for the latter. According to the neighbors the previous owners ripped out $15,000 worth of landscaping. *sigh* But, on the bright side, it was a blank canvas for me to work with. Even though I was moving into my third trimester with Pumpkin, I couldn't help myself. I had to get out and dig in the dirt. Of course, Addison wanted to help also. We bought her own set of garden tools and gloves.



This bed is at the back of the house. It was overrun with weeds in 2008. Eventually I planted orange daylily and sedum in front of the chimney. In front the deck white iris and purple iris and lamb's ear. The photo below is from August 9, 2008. You can see what a change already had taken place.

No comments: