Tuesday, September 6, 2011

July 31, 2008 Dublin 4-Miler

Each year Dublin puts on an Irish Festival, which gets bigger and bigger each year. The festival itself is held at a park with multiple stages for dancers and musicians. There are plenty of craft and food vendors and a whole section devoted to the "Wee Ones". We've attended the festival many times. Ian and I even attended before we lived in this area.

In 2008 part of the festivities was a 4-mile run through part of historic downtown Dublin. Ian signed up for the race. The race started at 7 p.m., but it was still a hot July day. Addy and I went with Ian to cheer him on.


"Good luck Poppa!"


These two guys are running in kilts!







Cheering on all the runners.

Coming down the home stretch!


The finish line










Ian normally runs in the very early morning and he was very hot at the end of the race. Addy and I were proud that he ran his best.

No comments: